During rock camp, we want to keep your kids safe. The following is what we will be doing to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- We require all children to complete a COVID-19 self-screening prior to arriving at rock camp.
- You will be greeted by a Backbeat staff member at the front door and given hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the course of the day and staff will closely monitor application of sanitizer to ensure children are applying it in a way that is safe.
- Once check-in is complete, doors will be locked to avoid all non-essential visitors.
YOUR CHILD MUST STAY HOME IF THEY DISPLAY SYMPTOMS.
- Staff members and students must not attend the program if they are sick.
- Symptoms to look for include fever, cough, loss of taste, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste, runny nose, nasal congestion, headache, and a general feeling of being unwell.
LUNCH AND SNACKS
- We are asking all students to bring lunches and snacks that do not require refrigeration or a microwave. This will allow each student's lunch to be kept with their individual belongings during the course of the day.
- We will be enforcing a "no food sharing policy" during camp.
- We are asking all students to bring their own water bottle to camp that is labeled with their name.
- We are planning to host an in-person rock show at 7pm on the same Friday that your child's camp ends.
- Depending on the COVID circumstance at the time of your child's camp, we may have to limit the number of audience members allowed per student, e.g. 2 audience members per student/camper.
IF SOMEONE STARTS SHOWING SYMPTOMS DURING CAMP
- If a student develops symptoms while at rock camp, the student will be isolated away from other students and the parent or guardian will be notified to come and pick up the student immediately.
- If a staff person develops illness while at work, they will immediately remove themselves from any contact with others, notify their supervisor and go home.
- We ask that each student have one designated parent or guardian to pick them up each day.
- Shortly before the end of camp, we ask that this designated parent/guardian be waiting in their car or lined-up at their child's designated entrance.
We know this is a lot of information, but thanks for working with us to help keep everyone safe.