During rock camp, we will be following the "Guidance for Day Camps" provided by the Government of Alberta.
COHORTS OF 25
- Rock camp will operate in cohorts of no more than 25 people, including both staff and children.
- At each designated entrance, there will be a marked-off area, with 2m physical distancing markers, to indicate where children should line-up and wait to be checked in.
- We will be taking every child's temperature using a touchless thermometer as part of the check-in process.
- We will also be asking a series of daily screening questions before admitting children into rock camp.
- Children's hands will be given a spray of hand sanitizer (that contains at least 60% alcohol content) upon entering Backbeat.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the course of the day and staff will closely monitor application of sanitizer to ensure children are applying it in a way that is safe.
- Once check-in is complete, doors will be locked to avoid all non-essential visitors.
- Signs will be posted at entrance to remind families that no one is to enter the building if they are sick (even if symptoms resemble a mild cold).
YOUR CHILD MUST STAY HOME IF THEY DISPLAY ANY SYMPTOMS.
- Staff members, parents or guardians and children must not attend the program if they are sick, even if symptoms resemble a mild cold.
- Symptoms to look for include fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, headache, and a general feeling of being unwell.
- We will be keeping daily records of anyone entering attending the day camp who stays for 15 minutes or longer (e.g. staff working each day, children, etc.).
- Records will be kept up-to-date and available to facilitate contact tracing in the event of an outbreak.
- Should a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 be traced back to rock camp, we will be required to close for a minimum of 72 hours to allow contact tracing, and then adhere to recommendations from Alberta Health.
- Physical distancing practices will be encouraged at all times, both inside and outside of Backbeat.
- We will avoid hugs or handshakes and encourage physically-distant greetings such as “air fives” and waves.
SHARED SPACES & INSTRUMENTS
- Instrument sharing will be avoided as much as possible; if sharing is necessary, we will be disinfecting all shared instruments (i.e. keyboards) between use.
- Where possible, children will be encouraged to bring their own instruments to camp to avoid sharing. (i.e. guitars, bass, drum sticks)
- Washrooms and door handles will be cleaned and sanitized frequently to reduce risk of transmission.
LUNCH AND SNACKS
- We are asking all children to bring a lunch that does not require refrigeration or a microwave. This will allow each child's lunch to be kept with their individual belongings during the course of the day.
- We will be enforcing a "no food sharing policy" during camp.
- We are asking all children to bring their own water bottle to camp that is labeled with their name.
- There will not be a tuck shop at this year's camp.
- We are not able to host live group performances within Backbeat at this time.
- We are developing alternative performance opportunities for rock camp children that will allow children to show off what they learnt during camp while adhering to all government guidelines.
- Performance formats may include video recordings of students' music or live streaming of performances to family and friends via Zoom.
IF A CHILD STARTS SHOWING SYMPTOMS DURING CAMP
- If a child develops symptoms while at rock camp, the child will be isolated away from other children and the parent or guardian will be notified to come and pick up the child immediately.
- If a staff person develops illness while at work, they will immediately remove themselves from any contact with others, notify their supervisor and go home.
- We ask that each child have one designated parent or guardian to pick them up each day.
- Shortly before the end of camp, we ask that this designated parent/guardian be waiting in their car or lined-up at their child's designated entrance.
We know this is a lot of information, but thanks for working with us to help keep everyone safe.